The words gawked back, mocking
Golden hues snuck through my window
Innocent and oblivious
To the ramming news
Galaxies exploded, atoms collided
Tore a violent path into my mind
Understand, understand!
Froze like a damaged clock
Ensnared in a protective daze
Don’t think, don’t think
I knew you
Glimpses, fragments
Made me frown, fume
God’s timing— I latched
Distraction— I lingered
In your boisterous kingdom
Nightmare was stomped on
Guilt and grief slumbered
Let me prance here forever
A fervent reverie
Jagged words wounded
Heart ached, lips wobbled
Spell of safety shattered
Ravenous beasts broke out of their cages
Anguish returned for revenge
Trembling, broken sobs
Brought a gift— relief
Give me more— addiction
Craved the stings
Trapped tears begged to be freed
Carried your voice
Like a precious, giddy secret
Morning omelets, hospital corridors
Bumpy car rides, lively weddings
Novel era— I’m reborn!
Eight faraway hours
Wandered your fretful dreams
Did you see me?
Sent my fond spirit across oceans
Did it reach you?
Beautiful, witty
Complex, sensitive
Unseen, misjudged
Depth recognized depth
My soul loves your soul
Extraordinary connection
I want to scream to the cosmos
I found you
The world knows you, yet it doesn’t
Perfectly flawed, rare human gem
Delusion or prophecy?
Perhaps I’m insane
I don’t care
Can a girl dream?
Believe in stories and miracles?
These sparkles in my heart are real
Fairylike solitude nights
A parrot named Nico
My birth town is calling
Will you be there?
You saved me, though you’re unaware
Maybe that’s more magical
Is it my turn to save you?
I want to thank you, as many times as
The number of glittering sand grains washed by gentle waves
The number of brittle leaves scattered in fall winds
The number of fluttering snowflakes settled on evergreens
I want to thank you
Until the seas dry out
And the stars dim
Golden hues snuck through my window
Innocent and oblivious
To the ramming news
Galaxies exploded, atoms collided
Tore a violent path into my mind
Understand, understand!
Froze like a damaged clock
Ensnared in a protective daze
Don’t think, don’t think
Glimpses, fragments
Made me frown, fume
God’s timing— I latched
Distraction— I lingered
In your boisterous kingdom
Nightmare was stomped on
Guilt and grief slumbered
Let me prance here forever
A fervent reverie
Heart ached, lips wobbled
Spell of safety shattered
Ravenous beasts broke out of their cages
Anguish returned for revenge
Trembling, broken sobs
Brought a gift— relief
Give me more— addiction
Craved the stings
Trapped tears begged to be freed
Like a precious, giddy secret
Morning omelets, hospital corridors
Bumpy car rides, lively weddings
Novel era— I’m reborn!
Eight faraway hours
Wandered your fretful dreams
Did you see me?
Sent my fond spirit across oceans
Did it reach you?
Complex, sensitive
Unseen, misjudged
Depth recognized depth
My soul loves your soul
Extraordinary connection
I want to scream to the cosmos
I found you
The world knows you, yet it doesn’t
Perfectly flawed, rare human gem
Perhaps I’m insane
I don’t care
Can a girl dream?
Believe in stories and miracles?
These sparkles in my heart are real
Fairylike solitude nights
A parrot named Nico
My birth town is calling
Will you be there?
Maybe that’s more magical
Is it my turn to save you?
I want to thank you, as many times as
The number of glittering sand grains washed by gentle waves
The number of brittle leaves scattered in fall winds
The number of fluttering snowflakes settled on evergreens
I want to thank you
Until the seas dry out
And the stars dim